What I Learned From Wearing Makeup For A Week




   


   

                  A week ago my almost daily routine was eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick, I never wore fake lashes or even knew how to pick or apply foundation or contour but for an upcoming photo shoot I wanted to look flawless.  So for a week heading up to it I wore a full face of makeup daily and watched countless YouTube and Instagram tutorials.  The first day I didn't contour but I wore foundation, lashes, lipstick and eye makeup, it felt weird and I ended up removing my lashes within the first hour of work.  The second day I tried eyebrow shaping and a bold eye, I got a lot of compliments but it was still a little weird being a cake face and when I went to take off my makeup my face had a few pimples.  Now granted I don't have the clearest skin, my pores are huge and I have the most oily skin in the world but I wasn't expecting the breakout.  So I had to come up with a daily skincare routine, my usual of washing my face with water and alternating weekly between Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream and Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser/Mask wasn't going to cut it.  Daily I wore makeup and by the fifth day I incorporated blush and contouring and highlighting (Thank you YouTube).  I was already aware oily skin is more prone to breakouts and should have known adding makeup on top of that (pore clogging) would mean I would have to give my skin a little more TLC.  So I set out for a routine to combat breakouts and keep my skin a little less oily.

My routine consists of;

1. Makeup Remover Towelettes (a generic pack I picked up at my local HEB), I usually use 2 to make sure all of the makeup is off.

2. Lancome or Clinique eye makeup remover (Clinique if I have on a lot of mascara and for lipstick that stains, Lancome if I have on a lot of eyeshadow), I pat some on the towelette and they are both great because they don't irritate my eyes.

3. Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream, I love the soothing ting of the Chamomile in the creme.  I apply it and leave it on my skin for 3 minutes and then I wash it off.

4. Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Cleanser/Mask, I use this twice a week as a mask and for flare ups I apply directly onto pimples.

5. For a moisturizer I mix Neutrogena Body Lotion and Anjoly Shea it on Me. It makes the perfect not too oily formula.



Neutrogena products and Burt's Bees were purchased at Nordstrom Rack.  Anjoly Shea it on Me can be purchased here.  Lancome and Clinique products are available at most department stores. 

••••• On days I am too tired I do steps 1 and 2 but to save time I use Neutrogena Grapefruit Cleansing Wipes, they are perfect for oily skin. •••••


Trying something new with my makeup was super fun and although it will not be something I do on a daily basis I loved the way it photographed and how the light caught the bronzer and highlight.  Look below for a few of my "Cake Face Fab"looks.














My makeup bags, playing in makeup is definitely fun.












♡♡♡ Thanks for reading and as always feel free to comment. XOXO Lola K. ♡♡♡





Comments

Popular Posts